Name: Hanna or Aleksandra(?)
Birth Date: 1937 – 1939
Birth Place: Lomza(?), Poland
Father’s Name: Dr. Jakob (Unknown) surgeon
Mother’s Name: Dr. Estera (Unknown) pediatrician
FROM WHAT ALEKSANDRA HAS BEEN TOLD:
- Her parents were medical doctors and worked in the Jewish Hospital in Lomza.
- When her parents were resettled to the Ghetto, she was given to the Kresko family in Lomza where she grew up believing she was their biological daughter. She supposedly was 2 -3 years old at the time. According to Pinkas Hakehillot and Yad Vashem, the Lomza ghetto was started in Aug 1941. This would mean she was born in 1938 – 1939.
- Only after the death of her foster parents did she learn about her Jewish background.
- There were two more Jewish girls who were saved by the Kresko family. One of these girls (she now lives in Sopot) was possibly the daughter of a Jewish woman named Slowka or Slawka. During the war Mr. Kresko led Slowka/Slawka towards the territories occupied by the Russians when Slowka’s mother was shot nearby. Slowka managed to get over to Soviet territory, but what happened to her after that? Alexandra was told Slowka knew Aleksandra’s biological parents well.
- Other Jewish persons from Lomza the Kresko family would mention in their conversations and who may, if they survived the Holocaust and are still alive, know who Aleksandra’s parents were:
The photographer FILIPOWSKI, Mr. ORLOWSKI, Mr.BYTNER, Mr. BIALY, Mr. GABROT, Mr. TOBIASZ, Mr T. LEWINSKI, Mr. PASMANIUK, Mr. KUC, Mr. JAKUB KAGAN, Mr. DROZDOWSKI, Mr. SZAPIRO, Mr. KOCHNAN, Mr. WEJMER, Mr. DAWID, Mr. KRAUSE, Mr. PELTYN, Dr. CZARNECKI, Dr. HEPNER, Mr. KURTYZON, Mr. GOLABEK, Mr. KLIMEK, Mr. SZENKOP, Mr. GOGOWIEZ, Mr. WAJSMAN, Mr. MROZOWIESZ or MROZOWICZ, Mr. BERMAN, Mr. SLOMKA, Mr. BEREK.
Is there any family likeness?
doctors in Lomza in 1930
written by logan, May 01, 2007
In a 1930 business directory covering Lomza, searchable at www.kalter.org/search, the following doctors with first initial J are listed [image 239]:
Karbowski J. dr. (gin), Kosciuszki 20
Czaplicki Jan dr. (gin), Dworna 1
Dworakowski Jan dr. (gin), Dworna 25
Hepner Jozef dr. (gin), pl. Kosziuszki 10
Could J. Karbowski be Jakob?
There is a group photo including a Dr. Julian Karbowski from Lomza athttp://www.lomza.pl/index.php?wiad=217 .Note that Dr. Hepner appears on your list. So does a Dr. Czarnecki, and the directory lists a Dr. Mieczyslaw Czarnecki, Krotka
1.No doctors are listed with first initial E.